SP4™ by Mustang Vacuum Systems is the Industry’s leading high wear coatings technology based on proprietary Hybrid DLC technology developed by our own Scientist and Engineers. SP4 (TM) represents our most advanced surface engineering capabilities to resist wear, lower friction, reduce scaling, reduce corrosion and extend the life-cycle of critical components in an almost unlimited range of applications. Our production scale equipment was designed, manufactured and installed by us to establish an affordable, high capacity coating services center capable of supporting high volume requirements for advanced coatings applications.
SP4 coating creates a surface that:
- reduces friction
- improve wear resistance
- increases reliability
- improves load capacity
- reduces lifecycle part cost
- excellent mechanical, electrical and thermal properties.
- highest hardness for hydrogenated amorphous carbon coating
- lowest co-efficient of friction
- High resistance to acids and alkali attack
SP4™ KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Automotive sector – Lower friction, higher wear/heat resistance, extend product life-cycle. SP4 coating has been race proven to perform significantly better than uncoated part.
Medical devices – High lubricity (non-stick), high wear resistance, biocompatible
Oil and gas – Excellent corrosion resistance in harsh environments, High wear resistance
Marine – Anti-biofouling and anti-scaling, corrosion resistance, hydrophobic
Firearms – Longer product lifespan (BCG), High hardness, high wear resistance, very high lubricity.
- SP4 coating can be applied to parts of various size and geometry.
- Some of the coating characteristics are listed below,
- Hardness: 2000 – 3000 HV (variable with process)
- Thickness: 1 – 8 µm
- Co-efficient of Friction: 0.05 – 0.08 (hydrophobic)
- Elastic modulus: 180 – 220 Gpa (non-brittle)
- Temperature: 350°C
- Biocompatible: Non-toxic, non-cytotoxic
- Salinity: 96 hours under modified salt spray-no effect
- Fouling: Resistant to biofouling
- Automotive components
- Medical devices
- Oil and gas industry
- Cutting tools
- Mold manufacturers
- Anti-reflective coating
- Optical storage
- Architectural glass
- Interference coating
- Low dielectric material
- Solar cells
- Storage media – hard disk
- High Performance Coatings for Racing Parts