Orion 1000 series roll to roll vacuum deposition platform is designed for volume manufacturing of flexible substrate from 500mm to 1800mm in size. Vacuum isolated wind and unwind compartments allow the deposition chamber to remain under vacuum during roll changes reducing idle time. Active web steering and precision temperature controlled drum enable high precision films for the most difficult processes including mult layer films.
- Roll to Roll with temperature controlled drum
- Front cantilevered roll loading
- Vacuum isolated wind / unwind and process chambers
- Interleaf web material options available
Optimized Coating Area
- 500mm – 1000mm wide flexible substrates
- Maximum roll diameter 900mm
- Configurable core sizes available
Designed for coating single or multi layer thin film structures on flexible substrates the Orion series enables volume production or pilot production on flexible materials up to 1800 mm wide. Precision web tension, steering including the removal and or addition of interleaf materials under vacuum can accommodate a range of high or low tension materials from stainless steel to thin poly substrates with no wrinkle or deformation.
Coating Method Options
- Rotatable or Planar Magnetron Sputter Cathodes
- Standard Power Options– RF, Pulsed DC, DC, AC and HIPIMS
- PECVD, Ion Source
- Thermal evaporation, e-beam, ion-beam etc.
- 36” – 60” temperature controlled drum. Drum size and deposition source method will dictate the number of deposition source positions available.
Typical System Dimensions
- Width - 6.M
- Depth - 10.2M
- Height – 8.2M
- Thin Film Solar / Battery or Flexible Electronics
- Touch Screen film on glass
- AR/Low E - Window Films