Mustang engineering team has been delivering custom vacuum deposition systems for over 20 years to accommodate special size or geometry problems. When standard tools are a compromise in either speed, quality or productivity, customized systems can have a dramatic value to our customers. Many of our custom solutions are variations or modifications to existing platforms speeding time to delivery.
- Batch – single or multiple door to chamber
- Roll to Roll Substrates
- In Line Load Lock or Batch
Optimized Coating Area
- The specific deposition source required to meet the coating deposition requirements may have specific limitations on length of sources or uniformity boundaries
Configurable with up to 4 front and 3 back side deposition sources, the Sprint Flex offers independent recipe driven control over each source, including the ability to execute multiple passes with alternating materials. Substrate heating and pretreatment options such as ion bombardment, AC/DC/RF or plasma bombardment are available to optimize surface energy of substrates. The SprintFlex 40 offers customers a highly robust platform for scale up of process to flexible substrates, through pilot and low volume production.
Coating Method Options
- Mustang works with most commercially available vacuum deposition source manufactures and suppliers. We are constantly evaluating new sources and technology to meet the requirements of the next generation of coatings. Custom
- Mustang Vacuum Systems Inc. has a number of patented vacuum deposition sources which are used when appropriates or designs custom sources to solve specific technical challenges for a custom applications.
Typical System Dimensions
- System dimensions are completely dependent on the substrate size and system style.
- Mustang Vacuum Systems has experience with accommodating challenging spaces and designing enclosures to improve air quality, humidity or reduce contamination.
- Custom Chamber Design and Fabrication
- Custom material handling solutions to integrate to coating systems
- In situ metrology and analytical process control solutions
- Custom software based on our industrial standard process recipe based solutions.