Mustang’s proven industrial PLC and control software platform provides complete multi-source process control and monitoring for even the most complex processes.
This highly configurable product group enables a wide range of tribological process configurations and simplicity for upgrade or retrofit for future applications. The base system incorporates all of the industrial design features that has made Mustang Vacuum Systems successful across a number of industries.
- Recipe driven industrial control platform with touch screen industrial PC interface.
- Proven industrial system design for ergonomic maintenance and high uptime
- High uptime solution utilizing tier 1 component suppliers with global support
- Single or dual door design with integrated tooling to maximize production capacity
Deposition Source Options
Mustang’s systems can be configured to comprise either dedicated single deposition techniques or alternatively by combining deposition methodologies hybrid solutions with up to 8 different deposition sources depositing simultaneously or sequentially.
Planar and Rotating Magnetron Cathode
- High rate unbalanced magnetron sputtering (DC, Pulsed DC, AC, RF)
- High rate conventional / balanced sputtering (DC, Pulsed DC, AC, RF)
- HIPIMS – High Impulse Magnetron Sputtering
PACVD / PECVD
Plasma assisted / enhanced chemical vapor deposition
- Hot filament excitation, RF & mid-frequency (40kHz, 250kHz) bias
- DC / AC linear glow discharge
- Steered cathodic arc (rectangular or circular cathode arrangements)
- Random cathodic arc
- Thermal / Electron beam evaporation
Mustang’s highly configurable solutions start with a chamber selection based on the number of sources and deposition temperature range up to 600°C. Up to 8 deposition positions can be configured with a range of deposition sources and power configurations with individually shuttered source options.
– The below standard products are each highly customized. In addition Mustang has a significant number of custom tribological coating system solutions.
The Tribo 500
Tribo 500 series was specifically developed for the fast paced multiple coating job or in-house coating center where speed of process change over is key to higher utilizations. With up to 6 source positions high value small batch complex multi layer or combinatorial process are simplified. The Tribo series is flexible and highly configurable and upgradeable to cover the full range of standard tribological al coatings.
The Tribo 960
Tribo 960 series is a large format production tool designed specifically for decorative and functional tribological c coatings on large 3D parts such as door hardware, plumbing fixtures and firearms . Up to 6 source positions enable very high deposition rates reducing cycle times and increasing annual system capacity. Tribo series is flexible and highly configurable and upgradeable to cover the full range of standard tribological al coatings.